Partnerships and Services
UCSF’s Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) facilitates relationships that:
- Give our partners a public affiliation with one of the world’s leading health care institutions.
- Provide increased access to UCSF’s expert investigators, clinicians, and pioneering research.
- Allow us to work with underserved populations in the Bay Area and around the world to prevent disease and facilitate access to treatment.
Corporations and foundations can partner with us by supporting student scholarships and fellowships, making project-specific research grants, financing lab and clinic construction and renovation, donating software and equipment, sponsoring symposia and seminars, and more.
CFR works with other campus groups that interact with foundation and corporate sponsors, including Research Management Services (contracts and grants), the Research Development Office/Limited Submissions Program, Government and Business Contracts, and the technology transfer, licensing, and industry contracts offices. Corporate partners can learn more about corporate contracts, technology licensing, and clinical trials from the UCSF Office of Innovation, Technology and Alliances.
CFR serves as a centralized resource for faculty members and leaders interested in soliciting funds from corporate and foundation sources. We help identify appropriate corporate and foundation prospects and align UCSF projects with their priorities. For financial statement and tax information forms and documents that are often requested by foundations and corporations, visit the UCSF Controller’s Office.
Contact a member of the CFR team for more information:
- Suzy Beemer, executive director, (415) 514-2612
- Leila Attarzadeh, director, (415) 476-2972
- Melanie Derynck, director, (415) 476-6253
- Liz Catalano, director, (415) 476-3632
- Jennifer Schmidt, associate director, (415) 476-3214
- Evan Kennedy, research and writing analyst, (415) 502-8362
- Nathaniel Hui, development assistant, (415) 502-8693